Help us send a child back to school with confidence
What we need most:
- Tax-deductible contributions (select “Back to School” on the “Direct my gift” drop down menu)
- Gift cards for uniforms and school supplies at budget-friendly stores
You can also help by:
- Donating new uniform clothing in all sizes, backpacks, and school supplies
- Organizing a Back to School collection at your place of business or worship
Drop-off locations and schedules:
In Louisville: donations are accepted during the following days and times at 933 Goss Avenue, Louisville, KY 40217:
- Friday, July 25: 12 - 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 8: 12 - 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 15: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Friday, August 29: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Contact Tandee Ogburn at TandeeO@voaky.org or (502) 636-4638 for more information.
Click here for a printable Louisville Back to School campaign flyer.
In Lexington: donations are accepted during the following days and times at 333 Waller Avenue, Lexington, KY 40504:
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Contact Anne Vandervort at AnneV@voaky.org or (859) 254-3469, ext: 236 for more information.
Click here for a printable Lexington Back to School campaign flyer.
“I consider Volunteers of America a valued partner in our community’s efforts to address the growing number of students experiencing homelessness. Please join me in supporting the Back to School campaign and give kids in need the chance to succeed in the classroom and in life.”
Donna M. Hargens, Ed.D., Superintendent, Jefferson County Public Schools
We are good stewards of your generous contribution.
86¢ of every dollar you contribute provides direct client services. Volunteers of America meets all of the Better Business Bureau’s Standards for Charity Accountability and we are part of the Council on Accreditation’s Community of Excellence.